incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] downloading of resources during bootstrap
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 18:48:57 GMT
On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 10:18:40AM -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi Andrew;
>
> We agreed to completely drop the Category- B tarballs from SVN before graduation. We
> haven't really done it yet but additionaly removing the Category-A was planned in
> order to comply with infra's policy.
>
> When updating components I have, in general, stopped uploading the src tarballs to
SVN
> in favor of distributing them though ooo-extras @apache-extras: (not all are used)
> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/downloads/list
>
> The build scripts are ready for it but it seems like the buildbot doesn't like fetching
more
> stuff (?). Can we have the buildbot cache those files?

There is a

--with-external-tar=<TARFILE PATH>   Specify path to tarfiles manually

that could be used to cache the tar files and simplify the build bots
job (though once in a while they should fetch the files, to test that
fetching works)

I have no idea if that option still works, or got broken with the
changes.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile