incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <>
Subject Re: Need help, I can't open a presentation on my computer ....
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 06:48:23 GMT
On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 02:04:32 -0400
"Koreen" <> wrote:

> Hi.
> I was able to open 3 other PowerPoint presentations with the OpenOffice Impress (or something),
but I have a fourth one that will NOT open at all.  I even had trouble getting another open,
it seemed to take forever and had to try a half-dozen times. But this last one is pissing
me off. I need it for college, I can't even view it, let alone print it out. I attached it
so you can see what I can't open. It's for my Microbiolgy class at Erie Community College.

> I've used OpenOffice for years, never a problem till this new Apache OO.  If I've contacted
the wrong department, please forward this to the right one.  I  couldn't find "technical"
support or anything like that and it took me forever to find this one.
> Thanks,
> Sincerely,
> Koreen Jones

As a very quick fix, I suggest you download the free Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer from the
Microsoft site, which will enable you to see the presentation and progress your studies

Rory O'Farrell <>

View raw message