incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IDE, comment translation, debugging, documentation and other development issues
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:31:07 GMT
Hi Damjan;

>________________________________
> From: Damjan Jovanovic
>Hi
>
>AOO is by far the biggest and most complex code I have ever hacked on,
>and I have many questions...

It is indeed big and hairy. I have only done rather simple tasks like
updating modules.

>Searching with grep takes forever. I've tried indexing the source tree
>with Lucene, but it doesn't find everything. Is there a better tool?

OpenGrok helps a lot.

Another good way of walking through the code and finding errors is with
Coverity scans. Apache committers have access to it just by asking, or
even less as you are about to notice ;-).

cheers,

Pedro.