incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call for papers: ApacheCon North America, Portland, Feb 2013
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:24:23 GMT
Hi Andrea;

I should mention that those of us that applied for TAC assistance from
the ASF for Sinsheim are not eligible for assistance for Portland.

This is a general ASF rule, I have no idea if the PMC can/will override
this with available funding but it may lead to somewhat reduced presence
in the US event.

Pedro.

>________________________________

in Sinsheim in two weeks and FOSDEM in Brussels in February 2013) but especially those who
live in the US may be pleased to know that the website of the next ApacheCon North America
is online:
>http://na.apachecon.com/
>
>The conference will take place in Portland, Oregon, USA, 26-28 Feb 2013.
>
>The Call for Papers is already open and will stay open until 12 Nov 2012 (extended with
respect to what you see on the website). So, especially those living in the USA, please go
and post your talk proposals now!

>I expect discussions on this list to focus mostly on ApacheCon Europe in the next two
weeks, but when that is over we still have a few days to discuss and solicit proposals for
Portland 2013.