incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dmake binaries ?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:27:17 GMT
Hi Andre;

>________________________________
> From: Andre Fischer <awf.aoo@gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Dmake binaries ?
>
>On 21.10.2012 02:38, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Hi;
>>
>> Apparently the Dmake binaries that I made available on the Dmake site don't work.
>>
>> I think it would save some time, especially for Windows users to have a binary
>> installable package. Perhaps some would like to provide one?
>>
>> best regards,
>>
>> Pedro.
>
> I don't see the problem.   When you build AOO it takes roughly 95 minutes on my system.
> Building dmake takes about one minute (just timed bootstrap with 1m7.555s) and requires
> tools that you need anyway.  Moreover, you can copy dmake.exe to /usr/bin and don't
have
> to build it again.

My system is much slower but it's not a problem here either.

I was under the impression that you had to copy some configuration files
though (startup/*).

I committed some changes in the dmake project to address recent cygwin.
I am still unsure if it builds with MSVC 2010 but I guess if I provide a binary
release we will never find out ;)..

cheers,

Pedro.