incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dmake binaries ?
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 02:10:18 GMT

--- Sab 20/10/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Hi Rob;
> >
> > The binary was something I built on my spare time with
> MSVC 9.0 never used.
> > I got a report that the windows executable doesn't work
> and that it doesn't build with MSVC 2010.
> >

> Which issue is it?  I don't see one that matches this
> description here:
>
> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/dmake/issues/list

It was reported by direct email. I "solved" it by removing the previous windows binary.

> > I deprecated the windows binary package: apparently
> there is demand as there were around 1000
> > downloads.
> >

> > Dmake is in need of real love. More documentation is
> welcome but the main problem is that I just don't care about
> it.
> >

> According to the change log. nothing has changed in Dmake
> since
> February:  http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/dmake/source/list
>
> What are we using for Windows release builds of 3.4.0 and
> 3.4.1?
> Surely there was something that worked?  And if the
> code hasn't
> changed since February, then why is there a problem now.

I use 4.12.2 regularly. AOO uses 4.12.

> I'm obviously missing something.

This is not a problem for OpenOffice since we build from source but people would like to have
a binary version. I wont be providing any unless someone contributes it.

Pedro.