incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Meeks <michael.me...@suse.com>
Subject Re: Apache OO General Questions
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 07:39:57 GMT

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 16:05 -0500, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Recently i reported a 7yr old bug on memory management, i am sure LibO
> also inherit that bug and they haven't fix it mainly because of the
> low level technical knowledge to devote to the performance project.

	I seem to remember doing some work on performance somewhen, perhaps in
glibc, gcc, binutils & misc. plumbing etc. in the past - seemingly it
has even had an effect, linking is nowadays only a small proportion of
startup. It can be nice to have a low as well as a high level view.

	IIRC the OO.o performance project where we mentored and tried to advise
others on improving things was lead by myself and Mathias Heutsch - but
my memory management is often flaky ;-)

	We have certainly inherited lots of bugs though; perhaps
you have a bug number ?

	All the best,

		Michael.