incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From PETER MILLIST <p.mill...@btinternet.com>
Subject OpenOffice
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:35:10 GMT
I would just like to suggest that, to give OpenOffice an edge over Libre Office, that you emphasise
OpenOffice  power and functionality, perhaps a tag line along the lines of 'with the emphasis
on power and functionality'. I think that this emphasis will particularly appeal to businesses.

I suggest this because I have been trying LibreOffice since all the troubles first started
with the split. However I have  come back to OpenOffice because I feel that LibreOffice is
somewhat bloated, cumbersome, and inspite of pretty colours and a few fiddly bells and whistles,
I have come to the conclusion that power and funtionality are more important than 'pretty'.

To prove my point, I find that OpenOffice is faster and more robust than LibreOffice.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Peter Millist
Colchester