incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:15:08 GMT
IMO- whatever Symphony code is in svn right
now does not constitute a blocking licensing
issue for graduation.  Obviously you will
need to deal with the licensing prior to issuing
any releases based on that code, but there are
plenty of IBM people who are committers capable
of changing the license headers at any time prior.

HTH

>________________________________

Then the IPMC can vote on it on their list for graduation.

be checked off somewhere - on the podling status page, I expect.

no reflection of the grant and availability under ALv2 has occurred.

>>> We were notified that the grant was received.

>>> Yes, this needs to be cleaned up before any of this is part of a
>>> release.  But it is not a graduation issue.  Remember, an SGA may come
>>> from anywhere, at any time, before graduation or after graduation.
>>> This is blessing, not a problem.  But the code does need to be
>>> reviewed and brought in line with policy before it can be part of a
>>> release.
>>
>> It is still work that ought to be done sooner rather than later. And the header work
should be done by someone from IBM. Who might that be?

>> Whoever it is should be doing it already. There is no excuse to delay.
>
>There was no intention to delay. The work was considered done after
>consensus been made here that we will take the slow approach.
>
>There are a couple of options to solve this. But let's wait till it is
>confirmed as a blocker of the graduation.
>

>> BTW - Large software grants go through the incubator. TLPs do this. [1]
>>
>> I think that not clearing the Symphony grant might be a graduation problem for some
on the IPMC. It will certainly be discussed.