incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 17:27:03 GMT
HI

On 12-10-04, at 13:03 , Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com> wrote:

> I would like to open up the vote for PMC Chair later today.  I am at a bit of a loss
as to how to play this, so I am looking for input from the community.
> Here is where we stand on nominees:
>
>   Active Nominees (Accepted Nomination):
>       Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
>
>   Active Nominees (No Reply Yet):
>       Drew Jensen (atjensen)
>

>   Declining Nominees:
>
>       Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
>       Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
>       Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
>

> If anyone can reach out to Drew, that would be useful.  I understand that he is more
focused on Forums, as compared to the ML.  That said, the Chair would have to do business
on, and be active on the ML.

> Should I start the vote this evening?
> Should the vote include Andrea and Drew?   (this is my current inclination)
>
> Andrew

Let's give Drew a final call and start Monday. I've added another one of his aliases to the
cc list, in bcc.
Should he not reply by Monday, then he ought not to be included. Plenty of time for him to
have replied.

-louis

> On 10/3/2012 2:57 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:
>> We have heard from Andrea.  Drew and Louis, do you care to respond?
>>
>> A.
>>

>> On 10/1/2012 3:51 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:
>>> The nominations are in and we have three open nominees (with two nominees declining,
so far).
>>> I'll hold the discussions open for 72 hours (more if necessary).  It would also
be good to hear from the nominees, in terms of their thoughts and interest in the position.
  That's your topic - discuss...