incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Rabell Gabarró <marcrab...@uoc.edu>
Subject Companies supporting Free Software Projects
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:54:29 GMT
Hi All,

My name is Marc Rabell and I'm a student from the Open Univeristy of Catalonia in Spain.

In our project we are analyzing the companies which are behind the most important Free Software
projects for the Windows platform, according to an internal students poll, and OpenOffice
has been voted the second after Firefox.

I have created a perl script to get information about the affiliation of the commits. We used
Google, LinkedIn and other online sources to try to get the correct information about the
commiters affiliation but it hasn't been a easy task and I am sure the information is not
very accurate. Can please someone with knowledge take a look at the script and correct the
wrong information?

Thank you very much and congratulations for your project.

Marc Rabell
Estudiant EI