incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Documentation writing volunteer
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:49:56 GMT
Dan B wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to help out writing documentation for openoffice.org. Could you
> please provide me with more information on how to help.
>
> Best,
> Daniel

Greeting Daniel;

For the present book type documentation such as User Guides are being
done at ODFAuthors. We are currently in need of people to help in
reviewing and editing the Getting Started Guide for AOO 3.4 and possibly
writing Guides for the individual applications. For more information go
to:
http://www.odfauthors.org/apache-openoffice/english/welcome-to-odfauthors and
read the info there. At the bottom of that page are links to other
information; I strongly reccomend the Introducing ODFAuthors link. There
you will find info on joining the ODFAuthors mailing list and
registering for an account on the web site. The ODFAuthors website
account and mailing list are must haves as source documentation and
revision control are done on the site and the list is for communication
amongst all of the participants. Subscribing to this mailing list is
highly recommended also to keep up with all aspects of the project. You
can subscribe by sending a blank email to:
ooo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and following the directions in
the return email.

I this is not the type of documentation that you are interested in doing
there are other avenues. I you have any other questions please do not
hesitate to ask here.

I look forward to your participation both here and at ODFAuthors.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna