incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 3.5, 4.0, fixpack, milestone build...
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:39:41 GMT
Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> 2012/9/24 Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net>
>
>> Rob Weir wrote:

<snip>

>>> IMHO, the name is not so important.  Everything in the trunk goes into
>>> the next release.  Nothing not in the trunk goes into the next
>>> release.  So if we want a wiki page that is called "Release notes for
>>> AOO Target January 2013" then it would be sufficient.  Just describe
>>> significant changes there made in the trunk.  Maybe in the end we call
>>> it "Apache OpenOffice 2013", or "Apache OpenOffice Adventitious
>>> Armadillo" or something like that.  That decision can come later.
>>>
>>> -Rob
>>>

>> In that case lets use the existing 3.5 Release Notes as Armin has already
>> put a number of entries in there the "name can be change to protect the
>> innocent later".
>>

> +1 to use the existing 3.5 Release Notes wiki.
>
> And I just made a query in BZ, for defects fixed after 3.4 (May 8), and
> excluded (1) some Products as qa, www, (2) those Target Milestone set to
> 3.4.1, and (3) Issue Type not in (DEFECT, FEATURE, ENHANCEMENT). And I got
> about 500 results. I picked some of them in the list and believe there are
> still many items need to be taken out, e.g. those fixed 1 year ago, but
> just validated recently. So I think I can quickly go through them, and for
> those who are really fixed/implemented in trunk after 3.4 and not in 3.4.1,
> I will set the Target Milestone to AOO 3.5.0. And this list can be a base
> for our release notes. How do you think?
>
> Another thing is that we need to define a test plan for the milestone
> build, which can be a lightweight regression test suite. The plan can be
> published on a wiki, and executed against very milestone build.
> I agree with Juergen that we should start as early as possible. While I
> still hope to get the confirmation from our QE team, since IMO they are the
> key to this plan. :)
>
> - Simon

Simon;

Thank you for doing that. One question is the query public and if so
where is it? My idea was not only to use it as a base for the release
notes, but to also link to it from the release notes for those who are
interested in a particular bug and also in place of listing every bug in
the release notes that was fixed.

>> Regards
>> Keith
<snip>