incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 23:42:18 GMT
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I am not clear what the lazy consensus is about.
>
> Clearly, there is no restriction on anyone contributing to User
> Guides for Apache OpenOffice on ODFAUthors, beyond the
> terms/conventions/what-ever that apply to contributions there.
>
> So I suppose what is being asked for is consensus that there will
> not, at this time, be any separate effort inside of the Apache
> OpenOffice project and the project will look to relying on the
> ODFAuthors site for emergence of updated User Guides.  Contributions
> should be made there.
>
> In other words, there won't be any forking of ODFAuthors work into
> the project.  I assume that means avoidance of duplicate effort as
> well.
>
> I'm aligned with that direction.
>
> - Dennis

First of all let me apologize if either my as yet limited understanding
of "The Apache Way" or my sometimes terse writing style added to any
confusion.

My intention was to seek lazy consensus o Scenario 2 rom the wiki page
as the preferred way to go for getting an updated Getting Started Guide
and or other documentation ready for the 3.5 release. The main reason I
did it was because there was Option 1 which was to shelve it. It was in
no way intended to cut off discussion of where we should go where we go
with documentation for AOO version 4 as that is a major release and has
the potential for major changes to the UI that may influence a
re-evaluation of not only the structure of the documentation but also
the presentation of it.

I hope I have cleared up my intentions and again apologies or the
inadvertent ailure to clearly communicate.

> -----Original Message----- From: Keith N. McKenna
> [mailto:keith.mckenna@comcast.net] Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012
> 07:47 To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org Subject: Re: [User Docs] What
> do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
>
> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> Greetings All;
>>
>> In order to stimulate some discussion on user documentation I have
>> added the hollowing page to the User Documentation Plan on the
>> Plannig Wiki:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/User+Guides+Revisted.

It offers 3 scenarios or the creation of the docs. I believe that we can