incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From David A Criswell <dacrisw...@raytheon.com>
Subject Will there be an "official" Solaris build?
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:46:45 GMT

 "RGB" at the AOO Community Forum encouraged me to bring my question here...   Thanks

Will there be an "official" Solaris build?
by gpspilot » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm
RGB wrote:You can find non official Solaris builds for AOO 3.4 here: Apache OpenOffice Solaris
x86

My organization had StarOffice on our Solaris workstations for many years, then upgraded to
OpenOffice 3.3, and now we'd like to upgrade to AOO 3.4, but our administrators are leery
of installing "non official" builds.

Has Apache dropped support for Solaris? My googling has not turned up any official announcement
of this. Can we hope to see Solaris make a reappearance at http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html?

According to http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53698#p234768,
as of four months ago there were only two "major" bugs in the Solaris build, and one of them
has been fixed. So it sounds like the current Solaris build is of good quality. Why wouldn't
Apache adopt it as an officially-supported platform?

I think we Solaris users deserve to know the "roadmap" for where AOO is heading.

Thanks

OpenOffice 3.3 on Solaris

Re: Will there be an "official" Solaris build?
by RGB » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:08 am
AFAIK, at the moment there are some technical problems... like the lack of a proper build
environment.

You'll get better answers on the dev mailing list

ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org

no need to subscribe to send an email there (the traffic is huge...), but if you send your
question without subscribing, please make the situation clear on the first line of your email
so people could know they need to add you to the CC list.

There are two types of people: the ones that believe that there are two types of people and
the ones that not.

openSUSE 11.4 with KDE SC 4.8.4 / AOO 3.4.1