incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Apache OpenOffice (incubating) - fund allocation for ACEU 2012
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:18:38 GMT
Hi Oliver,

Thanks! Comments below:

On Sep 25, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> [..snip...]
>>> (1a) If not, do you have any recommendation how the money should be spent?
>>> (2) What are the possibilities to spend the "travel expense subsidy" money?
>>> (2a) Do you have a recommendation how the money should be spent?
>> Regarding the above, I'd say come up with a process that is documented, you guys
decide how
>> you want to spend it, come up with a Bill or someone to pay, provide that information
>> to the Treasurer@ list (me and Sam) and we'll move forward with the approval process.
>> Right now, our bills are paid by having someone with the appropriate karma put a
file in:
>> Then, they are reviewed by someone with the appropriate budget authority (e.g., in
Travel I
>> believe that's Jim since he's the President) and then placed in:
>> At that point, the Treasurer's office can pay the bill (via wire transfer; electronic
funds deposit, etc.)
>> provided that all the information is given to address the payee, and then once we
pay, we
>> move the bill into:
> I do not think that we will real bills that need to be paid as the granted travel expense
subsidy will in general cover only a part of the overall travel expenses.
> Is it possible that the treasurer pay money based on the granting process and a final
confirmation note to the Treasurer@ list?

Well I think the point is that I need something to appear in Bills/received/ in order to pay
something. So, IOW, RE:
travel grants and so forth, we can offer to use our money to reimburse things like airfare,
or hotel, or, we probably
can figure out a way to simply send $$$ to someone, but we'd need payment information for
them somehow that
would probably best fit into the workflow to show up in ./Bills/received (even if it's not
a bill, and simply a "request
to pay"). That way the President can review it, approve it, and then I or Sam Ruby (Asst Treasurer)
can pay it.

Make sense?

> Thanks in advance for your support.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.