incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed to pickup some tasks
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 16:45:55 GMT
Hi,

Some comments on the coverage so far.

On Sep 7, 2012, at 10:50 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> I'm raising my focus a little in this project to look more into some
> larger ecosystem opportunities. As part of this change in focus I'll
> have less time to deal with day-to-day operational aspects of the
> project. So I'd like to shed some responsibilities and I hope there
> are volunteers able or willing to learn to pick up the following:
>
> 1. List moderation. I intend to stop moderating dev, users, marketing,
> qa and private.

This is being handled.

> 2. Bugzilla Admin

As is this one.

> 3. Taking the lead on the AOO Security team, tracking vulnerability
> reports, writing disclosure bulletins, coordinating with security
> analysts and related open source projects.

Here is where we need volunteers. This is an area where of necessity little is known of the
activity until a release is made. It is a developer / tester area.

> 4. Generally making sure things don't fall through the cracks. For
> example, look at posts from a week ago and see which ones have not
> been responded to.  Look at trademark, press, movie property requests,
> etc. and make sure necessary workflow and approvals are secured.
> Because of the fast "scroll rate" of our posts, if someone is not
> proactive about such things they will be overlooked.

I think that this is both an automatic role of all (P)PMC members and the role of community
manager in the "[DISCUSS] defining roles"

> 5. I have a couple blog posts in progress. I'll finish those. But we
> really could use some more content. This is something anyone can do.
> Maybe even turn your ApacheCon abstracts into a blog post with a link
> to you full presentation?

I think that this is also a role that any (P)PMC member can perform, but fits within the role
of marketing in the "[DISCUSS] defining roles"

> 6. Tracking project metrics for downloads, committers, etc.

This has volunteers as well.

> Perhaps a few other things as well, but that is a start.

We can all acknowledge that Rob has done a huge amount of work supporting the OpenOffice project!
It is truly appreciated.

Regards,
Dave