incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Call for comments: Webpage for Listing OpenOffice Consultants
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:40:37 GMT

On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:25 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>> A technical solution could be to put the strings into their own XML
>> file, so different localized versions could be used.  These would be
>> strings like column headers, the text of the disclaimer, etc.
>
> This would be perfect, and flexible enough.

The CMS can be setup to build XML files from XSLT files with only some slight efforts with
perl.

Here are eccn / exports from the lib/view.pm for www.apache.org:

sub exports {
    my %args = @_;
    my $template = "content$args{path}";
    $args{breadcrumbs} = ASF::View::breadcrumbs($args{path});

    my $page_path = $template;
    $page_path =~ s/\.[^.]+$/.page/;
    if (-d $page_path) {
        for my $f (grep -f, glob "$page_path/*.mdtext") {
            $f =~ m!/([^/]+)\.mdtext$! or die "Bad filename: $f\n";
            $args{$1} = {};
            read_text_file $f, $args{$1};
        }
        $args{table} = `xsltproc $page_path/eccnmatrix.xsl $page_path/eccnmatrix.xml`;

    }

    return Template($template)->render(\%args), html => \%args;
}

and the lib/path.pm:

    [qr!^/licenses/exports/index\.html$!, exports => {} ],

Done properly we can drop the NL files in a consistent area. Interesting...

Ideally all that should be changed is the XML and then the site is properly rebuilt.

What will this xlstproc call look like if there are two XML files - one for columns and the
other for data?

Regards,
Dave

>> Another solution would be to have one master consultant listing, but
>> add a field to indicate the geographic scope of their business. ...
>> Pardon my ignorance here, but how do consultants tend to work in
>> Europe?  Are they easily able to offer services through the EU?
>
> This option is probably not needed. Individual consultants will often work within one
country only, and those who offer services in multiple countries can fill in multiple applications
(and then we would have the issue that geography and language do not map one-to-one, so this
approach couldn't be easily generalized).