incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UX] [Call for review] Task Prioritization Survey Questions
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:51:17 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Kevin Grignon
<kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've captured a series of questions for inclusion in an upcoming AOO
> survey. The questions are intended to help us understand which features and
> capabilities are most frequently used in the editors. Insight from this
> survey will help us focus our attention on core task, and help prioritize
> future effort.
>
> I've captured the questions in a spreadsheet. Please visit the UX wiki to
> download and review the questions.
>
> *AOO Survey Templates - Task Prioritization*
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Survey_Templates_-_Task_Prioritization
>
> These questions, along with others, will be included in re-usable question
> packages that can be deployed in LimeSurvey, our new survey tooling. I will
> send out a note on the LimeSurvey effort soon.

Quick comments:

In the initial filtering question, one of the choices is "document
software".  In some usage, "document" is an inclusive term, and would
apply equally to spreadsheets, presentations, as well.  So less
ambiguous might be "text document software", "spreadsheet document
software", etc.  Or even just "word processor", "spreadsheet
software", etc.

On the choices, you have "OpenOffice.org", but not "Apache
OpenOffice".  Is this intentional?  Might use just "OpenOffice" is the
intent is to ask about this software in a version-neutral way.

"LibreOffice" should be one word

On "demographics" question, is this a single or multiple choice?
There is a lot of overlap between these categories, especially between
community and contributor.  So if this is a single choice we might
want to phrase this in a way so that the categories don't overlap.

It might also be good to add a questions:

"Where do you primarily use OpenOffice":  Work, Home, School, Other.

How often do you use OpenOffice:  several times a day, once a day,
several times per week, once a week, less than once a week.

For Survey Discoverability, should probably be "from www.openoffice.org website"