incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Marketing and traveling expenses
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:08:14 GMT
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> Hi I was asked about the use of funds regarding marketing events, speakers
> and such. I want to know how does Apache manage funds for this operations?
> Back in the OOo days, there was a marketing funds that came from donations,
> and help subsidize traveling and some swag expenses (tshirt, pins,
> stickers).
>
> Is there any documentation on this that I can forward people to?

For ApacheCon, there is the Travel Assistance Committee (TAC).
Information is here: http://www.apache.org/travel/

You can also point them to the email lists for ApacheCon and Small
Events:  http://events.apache.org/involved/mailing-lists.html

My understanding is events aim to be self-funding, via sponsorship and
attendance fees.