incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating Committers on Project Status Page (was RE: New committer: Chen ZuoJun)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:34:20 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:37 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 September 2012 03:50, Rob Weir <rabastus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 23, 2012, at 10:15 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Rob,
>>>
>>> I recently took a look at <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>
to see if I could derive that list from the Roster.

>>> What gave me pause is that the list is apparently maintained in XML.  I could
not find anywhere that MarkDown is used.  Is that correct?

>> Correct.  It is XML. It used to require that I check out the whole
>> directory, update the XML, run an ant script to generate the HTML and
>> then check in both the XML and HTML.  This is much simplified by the
>> CMS which does the template generation behind the scenes.
>>

>>> I could still mechanically derive the XML elements that are used now, although
it is a bit more complicated than search and replace on a CSV of an extract of the roster.
 If I were to do that, I would also indicate who is on the PPMC.

>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> I'm not sure we need to maintain that "status file" once we graduate.
>> I think it is more of a podling tracking thing. So it might be
>
> Yes, it is for active podlings only. No need to update it once
> graduated, though it does need to be completed before graduation.
>
> The other file that needs to be updated by podlings is podlings.xml.
>
> Note that
>
> http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo
>
> is created automatically from the SVN authz file (where podling
> committers are listed) plus LDAP groups.
>
>> simplest if we just manually update it for now.  But longer term it
>> would be good to be able to generate a page for the project website
>> from the Roster.   The ODF Toolkit has an XSLTRunner component that
>> could be used for this.
>
> Not sure that's necessary. You could just link to the appropriate
> sections in the above file.

Is there any easy way to track PMC membership?  Maybe that be derived
from the authz for the eventual /pmc/openoffice tree?    Eventually we
want an easy way to generate a roster that lists committers but also
identifies PMC members.

-Rob