incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call for comments: Webpage for Listing OpenOffice Consultants
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:14:00 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still suggesting some sort of expiration mechanism (perhaps a
> timestamp in the entry, with a scheduled job to prune), so this
> doesn't become a barnacle colony.

One policy might be that once a year (or quarter or whatever) we
verify that the listed homepage and email address are still valid.
Ones that fail are removed.  Of course they could be re-added if the
resubmitted.  This is an easy-enough task if we have a listing of 20
consultants.  Less so with 200.  Maybe could be automated.

Auto-expiration could work as well, but we'd probably want to automate
a reminder courtesy note.

This is not something we need to decide right now, except maybe to say
in the submission policy document that listings may be deleted if they
cease to be relevant, e.g., contact information becomes invalid, etc.