incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:17:43 GMT
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> I am not clear what the lazy consensus is about.
>
> Clearly, there is no restriction on anyone contributing to User Guides for Apache OpenOffice
on ODFAUthors, beyond the terms/conventions/what-ever that apply to contributions there.

> So I suppose what is being asked for is consensus that there will not, at this time,
be any separate effort inside of the Apache OpenOffice project and the project will look to
relying on the ODFAuthors site for emergence of updated User Guides.  Contributions should
be made there.

In other words, that a non-existent effort in the project not be
started to compete with the non-existent effort at ODFAuthors?  IMHO
this not the ideal use of lazy consensus.  You should seek lazy
consensus for what you want to do, not what you want someone else not
to do.   In the end, if someone came to the project with documentation
to contribute, I think we would be happy accept it under ALv2 and not
turn them away and tell them to go elsewhere.  Or are you suggesting
that we would reject such contributions?

> In other words, there won't be any forking of ODFAuthors work into the project.  I assume
that means avoidance of duplicate effort as well.