incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build svtools with debug
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:55:32 GMT
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

>>________________________________
>> From: Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>

>>> I can't really help but ... I think we started getting all those complains
>>> from STLport stuff after I updated boost (?!).
>>>

>>Would it make sense now to revert that commit and work on a branch to
>>resolve remaining issues.  It is very bad for the build to be broken
>>for this long.
>>

> It's not broken, just fragile. The issues so far only happen in Windows with debugging.

Having a basic function of our primary platform broken is not a minor
thing.  Debugging support is not optional.

> I am afraid that if we revert the boost update we will never get the issues fixed and
> perhaps this is the motivation we need to resolve the stlport situation.
>
> The stlport situation is basically that we are using 3 outdated versions and it
> doesn't support clang.

I'm not saying updating is a bad thing.  My complaint is that it broke
the build.  Doing it on a branch would have been better.

We have a lot of components that could be updating.  Should we all
just check in upgrades to the trunk and pray for the best?  I hope
not.

-Rob