incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is a good Project Management Committee member?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 07:52:40 GMT
On 7 September 2012 06:42, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2012, at 7:26 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> While the playing together metaphor is great, the orchestra metaphor breaks because
there is no conductor and no first chairs.

Why all the metaphors and analogies? Team building is a very
well-established and researched management issue. We don't need
analogies to support best practice in coding so why with management?
Let's not get side-tracked into analysing red herrings. What we need
is a management structure (or not) that is specifically focused on
what a pmc needs to achieve. It would be useful if a mentor could
provide guidance on any clear experience of what in their experience
has worked best and worst in the context of code development projects
at ASF.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940