incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:49:43 GMT
On 25 September 2012 12:10, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

>>> IMHO this is a bad idea and if we go down this route it demonstrates
>>> that we do not understand The Apache Way.

Demonstration of merit AND broad representation. Why these things
should be mutually exclusive in a project the size of AOO is beyond
me.
It's not an either or it's a both.

Since Apache is about community as well as code, merit can be gained
by recruitment, maintaining a healthy community and maximising its
growth. Apache is at least in part about inclusion according to the
mentors so strategies for inclusion are just as much part of the
Apache Way as merit. We should not be just cherry picking bits of the
Apache Way that suit a particular perspective.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.