incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Business Partnership Inquiry
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 07:45:27 GMT
On 7 September 2012 07:49, faith@filepuma.com <faith@filepuma.com> wrote:
> Hi OpenOffice.org Webmaster,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you.
> I am Faith from Filepuma.com. I write to you just to consult whether we can have a potential
chance to cooperate with you. And recently we have updated your product at our site that you
can have a visit.

> Filepuma.com is a website for providing the simplest method of downloading the newest
versions of the best software, and we are not focusing on quantity but quality. To make your
downloads as fast as possible, we provide very fast servers with 100Mb connections.

> You are really a great tool and OpenOffice.org enjoys great reputation among users. We're
very interested in becoming the mirror for OpenOffice.org download. I'm sure our partnership
can guarantee you great advantages. We can do a few things to promote your program like newsletter
mentions and front-page exposure.

> If you have any other ideas we are very open and happy to discuss them on becoming OpenOffice.org's
mirror download link. What we want to have is a win-win relationship that benefits us both.
We strongly think that business cooperation between you and us will be a wise decision, and
both of us can have more triumphs.

> Looking forward to receiving your feedback very much. Thanks for your time.
>
> P.S. If answering mails like this one is not among your daily tasks, please forward it
to the appropriate executive. Thanks again.

> Best regards,
>
> Faith Lee
> faith@filepuma.com
> Filepuma.com

Hi Fasith,

There is nothing to stop you creating a download mirror for Apache
OpenOffice as long as trademarks are respected. We encourage as wide a
distribution of the software as possible. ASF trademark policy is at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks.  A good start would be to
familiarise yourself with this policy so that you can see if there are
likely to be any conflicts in what you propose to do. Please come back
if you have any questions.

--
Ian Lynch PPMC member