incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating Committers on Project Status Page (was RE: New committer: Chen ZuoJun)
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:37:42 GMT
On 24 September 2012 03:50, Rob Weir <rabastus@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2012, at 10:15 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Rob,
>>
>> I recently took a look at <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>
to see if I could derive that list from the Roster.

>> What gave me pause is that the list is apparently maintained in XML.  I could not
find anywhere that MarkDown is used.  Is that correct?

> Correct.  It is XML. It used to require that I check out the whole
> directory, update the XML, run an ant script to generate the HTML and
> then check in both the XML and HTML.  This is much simplified by the
> CMS which does the template generation behind the scenes.
>

>> I could still mechanically derive the XML elements that are used now, although it
is a bit more complicated than search and replace on a CSV of an extract of the roster.  If
I were to do that, I would also indicate who is on the PPMC.

>> Any suggestions?
>
> I'm not sure we need to maintain that "status file" once we graduate.
> I think it is more of a podling tracking thing. So it might be

Yes, it is for active podlings only. No need to update it once
graduated, though it does need to be completed before graduation.

The other file that needs to be updated by podlings is podlings.xml.

Note that

http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo

is created automatically from the SVN authz file (where podling
committers are listed) plus LDAP groups.

> simplest if we just manually update it for now.  But longer term it
> would be good to be able to generate a page for the project website
> from the Roster.   The ODF Toolkit has an XSLTRunner component that
> could be used for this.

Not sure that's necessary. You could just link to the appropriate
sections in the above file.