incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] [Call for review] Task Prioritization Survey Questions
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:02:21 GMT
KG01 - See comments inline.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:50 AM, Kevin Grignon
> <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I've captured a series of questions for inclusion in an upcoming AOO
> > survey. The questions are intended to help us understand which features
> and
> > capabilities are most frequently used in the editors. Insight from this
> > survey will help us focus our attention on core task, and help prioritize
> > future effort.
> >
> > I've captured the questions in a spreadsheet. Please visit the UX wiki to
> > download and review the questions.
> >
> > *AOO Survey Templates - Task Prioritization*
> >
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Survey_Templates_-_Task_Prioritization
> >
> > These questions, along with others, will be included in re-usable
> question
> > packages that can be deployed in LimeSurvey, our new survey tooling. I
> will
> > send out a note on the LimeSurvey effort soon.
> >

> Quick comments:
>
> In the initial filtering question, one of the choices is "document
> software".  In some usage, "document" is an inclusive term, and would
> apply equally to spreadsheets, presentations, as well.  So less
> ambiguous might be "text document software", "spreadsheet document
> software", etc.  Or even just "word processor", "spreadsheet
> software", etc.

KG01 - makes sense, this bothered me as well

> On the choices, you have "OpenOffice.org", but not "Apache
> OpenOffice".  Is this intentional?  Might use just "OpenOffice" is the
> intent is to ask about this software in a version-neutral way.
>
> KG01 - understood, will change

> "LibreOffice" should be one word
>
> KG01 - understood, will change

On "demographics" question, is this a single or multiple choice?
> There is a lot of overlap between these categories, especially between
> community and contributor.  So if this is a single choice we might
> want to phrase this in a way so that the categories don't overlap.
>
> KG01 - Good point. I broke my own format. I have a separate collection of
stock demographics questions to include in every survey. This survey is
focused on task prioritization. I'll remove the demographics part from this
collection.

> It might also be good to add a questions:
>
> "Where do you primarily use OpenOffice":  Work, Home, School, Other.

KG01 - These are part of the stock demographics questions mentioned above