incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Torrent connection for AOo 3.4.x download
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:08:47 GMT
It's more than cool.  A proper torrent client is a step up from an
ordinary download manager in that it's tolerant of both poor
connections and instances of blocked paths to a specific connection.
It doesn't resume interrupted downloads as much as handle downloads in
whatever quantities it can get.

I have a cable modem in a Washington DC area suburb, and yet my
connection's sufficiently flaky that torrenting works better than
direct-downloading, even with a download manager.  I assume a lot of
the world isn't as well-connected as me.