incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Clipart library
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:48:31 GMT
On 8/30/12, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com> wrote:
> KG02 -see comments inline.
>
> On Friday, August 31, 2012 <x-apple-data-detectors://45>, Ian Lynch wrote:
>
>> On 30 August 2012 09:57, Kevin Grignon
>> <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com<javascript:;>>
>> wrote:
>> > KG01 - see comments inline.
>> >
>> > On Aug 30, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Ian Lynch
>> > <ianrlynch@gmail.com<javascript:;>>

>> > KG01 - This adds a lot of value. Ideally we could aim to align the
>> information architecture for the categorization. This would allow users
>> leverage the existing knowledge when browse in each library.

>> > KG01 - it would be great to explore ways to make the open clip art more
>> accessible/discoverable within AoO clipart view. Some social integration
>> could enable pulling clipart into editors, or pushing an image from an
>> editor to the open library.

I do remember the SVG editor Inkscape having such features but they
discontinued the Export due to some issues wiht spam and heavy load on
the OpenClipart.org site. Althought the reasoning is not straight
foward.
Right now only Import  works in Inkscape which is a browser that do
categorize the images it retrieve from the site.
There was a development in Google Summer of Code  years ago for Go'OO
which had to do with OpenClipart-OpenOffice.org, not sure if this code
was ever ported back.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/commit/?id=f3a517b005a31607b373393600ac41237a55b1f4

--
Alexandro Colorado