incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][Linux]Drop distro specific RPMs
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:40:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I finally did this. I uninstalled the opensuse menu setup and just
> installed the freedestop.org rpm. Everything is working. But I too am on
> opensuse. It would be great to have folks from other distros test this out.
>
> The only odd thing I'm experiencing, which I remember from before, is that
> some of the icons in my default kickoff app launcher (kde 4.7) are NOT
> there for some of the AOO modules, and yet some are. So, I will attempt to
> track this down.  In the normal KDE menu they are fine.
>
> It would certainly be nice to maintain a single desktop interface for
> Linux.

> happens.

> >> openSUSE 11.4, 64 bits, with KDE SC 4.8.4. On a couple of weeks maybe
> >> I'll try with openSUSE 12.2.
> >>
> >> The freedesktop package provided the menu entries, the mime type
> >> icons... and I can use krunner to launch any AOO app.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Ricardo
> >>

> > OK, thanks. I should install this someplace and see that the file
> > structure is.

I wonder what is the diff from one file to the next, I think freedesktop
was integrated into more current versions of the distros to provide a
common interface for launcher layout. But the issue could be if it's tried
on older distros before the freedesktop standard was integrated on the menu
structure. (This is only a theory).

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice