incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] maybe time for a home page facelift?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:26:03 GMT
Should we have a webdev list?

In the past we did had dedicated list for each line of the project. I
am not sure this is something that should be discussed as the work on
redesign start growing.

Some suggestions on the design of the site:
- Show the product, currently there is nothing visual that relates the
software with office productivity.
- Responsive design, mobile browsers, tablets and devices can have
different dimensions on the site, having a RD conformant site could
help our users browse through the site.
- Corporate theme, ViewVC, cWiki, Forum(?), Bugzilla have their own
theme, should there be efforts to adopt the same design like the
templates/extension/wiki site.
- Website QA - Possible broken pages due to the change in frameworks
(from Oracle to Apache) on smaller projects.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice