incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Amazon Download of Apache OpenOffice
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:17:15 GMT
My Amazon contact informed me by email on Sep 12 that Apache OpenOffice is
now available for download. Apologies to the community here for my slow
action. Many know that I am dealing with a family medical situation that is
taking about 95% of my attention at the moment.

The downloads are here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XAXAC4****

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0092UELR2****

** **

"To make this distributable on Amazon, we had to add a legal disclaimer
stating that Amazon Digital Services, Inc. is not selling the software, but
distributing it under the Apache license."

Amazon is to be commended for making  supporting the distribution of Apache
OpenOffice by way of the AL2 license.  It was months in the works,  so now
the burden to make this really work effectively and successfully falls  on
our community. We discussed many implications ranging from support to
release management. It's time to pick up those threads in earnest now.

Dennis, will you please provide a summary of your experiences downloading?
>From there, we can call for volunteers to help work some of the fixes. I am
happy to broker the dialogue with Amazon....(yes, I promise to be more
timely!)

Rob, thanks for being the 1st to review the offering! Anyone else want to
jump in and post a review? hint hint.