incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:05:30 GMT
I don't object to this process. But lets be clear, PMC membership is
*not* a popularity contest, it's a recognition of merit. So the number
of nominations is irrelevant, more nominations just means that the
individual has been seen by more people. Sometimes merit stuff is not
visible to many, e.g. I know how much effort some members of this PPMC
have put into the AOO track at ACEU, most of that work is invisible
here so only one or two people will recognise that merit.

This is not an objection to the process being followed, just an
objection to the idea that the number of "nominations" is important.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)