incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 3.5, 4.0, fixpack, milestone build...
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:12:22 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Shenfeng Liu <liushenf@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/9/24 Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net>
>
> > Rob Weir wrote:

> add
> time,

> keep
> we

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.5+Release+Planning

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Planning

> bug

> >> IMHO, the name is not so important.  Everything in the trunk goes into
> >> the next release.  Nothing not in the trunk goes into the next
> >> release.  So if we want a wiki page that is called "Release notes for
> >> AOO Target January 2013" then it would be sufficient.  Just describe
> >> significant changes there made in the trunk.  Maybe in the end we call
> >> it "Apache OpenOffice 2013", or "Apache OpenOffice Adventitious
> >> Armadillo" or something like that.  That decision can come later.
> >>
> >> -Rob
> >>

> > In that case lets use the existing 3.5 Release Notes as Armin has already
> > put a number of entries in there the "name can be change to protect the
> > innocent later".
> >

> +1 to use the existing 3.5 Release Notes wiki.
>
> And I just made a query in BZ, for defects fixed after 3.4 (May 8), and
> excluded (1) some Products as qa, www, (2) those Target Milestone set to
> 3.4.1, and (3) Issue Type not in (DEFECT, FEATURE, ENHANCEMENT). And I got
> about 500 results. I picked some of them in the list and believe there are
> still many items need to be taken out, e.g. those fixed 1 year ago, but
> just validated recently. So I think I can quickly go through them, and for
> those who are really fixed/implemented in trunk after 3.4 and not in 3.4.1,
> I will set the Target Milestone to AOO 3.5.0. And this list can be a base
> for our release notes. How do you think?
>
> Another thing is that we need to define a test plan for the milestone
> build, which can be a lightweight regression test suite. The plan can be
> published on a wiki, and executed against very milestone build.
> I agree with Juergen that we should start as early as possible. While I
> still hope to get the confirmation from our QE team, since IMO they are the
> key to this plan. :)
>
> - Simon

Simon --

Great that you started this. Will all new features ( these seem to be all
in Calc by the current 3.5 Release Planning doc), be given an issue
assignment at some point to correspond to your BZ search filter? The one
listed as i110133 doesn't seem to show up in either your "features" or
"all" filters you posted> I think it needs a target change (which I didn't
make).

All this will be very very helpful for planning our next release. So, thank
you.

> > Regards
> > Keith
> >

> >>  I could create a separate page as a sandbox where what you suggest
> could
> data

MzK

"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back
 doesn't mean the circus has left town."
                    -- George Carlin