incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1377138 - /incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/development/releases/3.4.1.html
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 16:45:41 GMT
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Andreas S├Ąger <> wrote:

> Am 01.09.2012 01:41, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Marcus, I think the changes you recommended are fine. As for me, I don't
>> know "tests" Andreas are running, but I'm on java 7, 1.7.0_04, and
>> really no issues with anything I've done.
>> We need more enlightenment on this, but your changes should suffice.
> OK, once more:
> Get some Linux box with Java7.
> Open any Base file connected to a JDBC database with some thousands of
> records. An embedded HSQLDB will be fine.
> Just in case you need one:
>> download/file.php?id=14591<>
> Open any table, query form and scroll, sort, filter the record sets.
> Do the same with Java6 which is by a magnitude faster.
> Old issues describing the problem for another set of Java versions:
> My "tests" revealed that this performance issue with Linux+JDBC+Base is
> still relevant with Java7. It never was an issue with any other OS nor
> database connection type.
Right, Andreas. You have said this in the past. I will also test with your
DB. I do know Oracle recently released another patch for Java 7. I do NOT
know if this has any impact on the situation here.  And, because "jdbc"
tuning can be a bit touchy at times, it's still difficult, without knowing
specific individual setups, what is going on. I hope you provided many
details in whatever issue you filed on this. I would love to test with a
mySQL DB. I may resort to this at some point.

 butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
 balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
 take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
 analyze a new problem,  pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
 tasty  meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
 Specialization is for insects."
                         -- Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"