incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][Linux]Drop distro specific RPMs
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:27:18 GMT
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:

OK, I finally did this. I uninstalled the opensuse menu setup and just
installed the freedestop.org rpm. Everything is working. But I too am on
opensuse. It would be great to have folks from other distros test this out.

The only odd thing I'm experiencing, which I remember from before, is that
some of the icons in my default kickoff app launcher (kde 4.7) are NOT
there for some of the AOO modules, and yet some are. So, I will attempt to
track this down.  In the normal KDE menu they are fine.

It would certainly be nice to maintain a single desktop interface for Linux.

>> > This is interesting. I should try this one as well and see what happens.
>> >
>> > Can you provide further details?
>> >
>> > What distro are you using? What window manager are you using, etc.
>> >

>> openSUSE 11.4, 64 bits, with KDE SC 4.8.4. On a couple of weeks maybe
>> I'll try with openSUSE 12.2.
>>
>> The freedesktop package provided the menu entries, the mime type
>> icons... and I can use krunner to launch any AOO app.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ricardo
>>

> OK, thanks. I should install this someplace and see that the file
> structure is.
>

> --

> MzK
>
> "As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:
>     take it or leave it. "
>                                    -- Buddy Hackett

MzK

"We never sit anything out. We are cups, constantly and quietly
being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and
let the beautiful stuff out."
                             -- Ray Bradbury, "Zen in the Art of Writing"