incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is a good Project Management Committee member?
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 02:14:45 GMT
Hi Regina and all,

We are making Apache OpenOffice, multilingual and multiplatform office suite.
We would like to build a vibrant and healthy community for Apache OpenOffice.
Our community will be diverse in its member's language, culture,
skill, background etc.

PMC will be the center of the community and will be the management body.

A good PMC member, I think, is somebody who always try to know and
understand people in our community, on our public and private mailing
lists.

A good PMC member will always try to make space where other PMC
members, committers and people on mailing lists can contribute
something good for Apache OpenOffice.
A good PMC member will always try to expand such a space.
Which means a good PMC member will always try to guide community
members about how to contribute,  and encourage them to contribute, if
they have got good ideas, let them contribute something good for
Apache OpenOffice.

So a good PMC member doesn't initiate everything, doesn't post
comments to every thread.

A good PMC member can write a short and simple message in good and
easy English and posts a few.

Thanks,
khirano
--