incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [User Docs] What do we as a community want for user documentation or AOO
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 06:36:57 GMT
2012/9/16 Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net>

> Greetings All;
>
> In order to stimulate some discussion on user documentation I have added
> the hollowing page to the User Documentation Plan on the Plannig Wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**
> User+Guides+Revisted<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/User+Guides+Revisted>.
> It offers 3 scenarios or the creation of the docs. I believe that we can no
> longer put this issue aside.
>
> Please take a look at the page and eel free to comment there and on this
> list. Also feel free to add to or change any content there.
>
> Regards
> Keith N. McKenna

Thanks! That's a really good summary of our situation. Scenario 3 is
possible the best alternative, but it need a lot of work and not only
because the writing itself: we still need to discuss how 4.0 will look
alike.

But there are some parts that will not change, no matter how the UI is
modified: what a style and a template are and why is it better to use them
instead of direct formatting, for example.

Regards
Ricardo