incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <>
Subject Re: Change of 'soffice' name
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:14:20 GMT
2012/9/26 J├╝rgen Schmidt <>

> On 9/26/12 8:48 AM, Joost Andrae wrote:
> > Hi Alexandro,
> >
> > soffice is an established file name for the binary. If there is a clash
> > with LO's naming scheme then why should AOO change the name? It's LO
> > that abandoned the name OpenOffice....
> > And if you take a look at the naming scheme of the API sun/star/... this
> > is something you cannot change that easily.
> >
> > Kind regards, Joost
> the point is simply that more stuff and functionality is depending on
> this name. And if we consider to change it we have to collect all this
> stuff first and should work on a reliable migration plan.

+1. At least on Linux, the "conflict" between AOO and LibO comes from
distro packaging: you can install both, AOO and the official LibO side by
side without problems.

Just for curiosity: is it possible to put a second launch script, so you
can start the program with both, soffice and, for example, aoo?