incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is a good Project Management Committee?
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 19:01:37 GMT
2012/9/16 Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org>

> PS: I also find it quite remarkable when individuals that have been
> successfully brought in by invitation of the PPMC find the PPMC that did
> that to be untrustworthy.  Distrust strikes me as an unlikely foundation
> for a self-governing community.

I've never said that the ACTIVE PPMC is untrustworthy, that is of course a
non sense! I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about people who put
their names on a wiki page, obtained a PPMC "tag" and then stopped any
activity.

There are several initial committers that show every day their commitment
to the project, but there are also some that do not. For me that "inactive"
people is not part of the "real" PPMC and I think they should not be part
of the final PMC. Of course I trust the active PPMC members: that's the
reason why I'm still here... my problem is with the others.

Sorry if I was not clear.

Regards
Ricardo