incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Did we ever reach consensus on support for Windows 2000
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 03:11:23 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Stuart Swales
<stuart.swales.croftnuisk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, moving to Visual Studio 2010 will likely kill off running on
> Windows 2000 (and Windows XP prior to SP2). The Visual C++ run-time
> library now uses the EncodePointer function which was introduced in XP SP2.

Oracle switched to VS2010 for some part of Java6, that´s why the
latest Java6 JRE updates won´t install on Win2K.

However, I managed to hammer the latest Java6u35+ or thereabouts just
by copying files over from a WinXP install over the Win2K previous
JRE6 install and guess what? it works.... it seems it´s part of the
installer that needs MSVC runtimes that can´t be run in Win2K...

FC