incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Torrent connection for AOo 3.4.x download
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:55:27 GMT
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Raphael Bircher <rbircher@apache.org> wrote:
> But I could ask my brother if he is willing to setup a torrent tracker
> for us. He was working on the torrent at the old OOo project.
>
> I'm willing to host a seeding peer

Wouldn´t this impact on the tracking of downloads? I mean... the
SourceForge download stats will no longer be the true download count.
How would Apache track torrent downloads and add the numbers to the
SF.net stats?.

I think this is a valid concern...

Plus, torrents are good to save on bandwidth, but lack of bandwidth
with SF.net´s network of world-wide mirrors doesn´t seem to be the
case here. So, again, why the need for a torrent?. "because it´s cool"
doesn´t hold, IMHO...
FC