incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Developer Room (devroom) at FOSDEM
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:56:21 GMT

On 12-09-24, at 10:52 , Rob Weir <> wrote:
>>> Depending on the feedback of the organizers I can also think about a
>>> joined devroom with the LibreOffice folks. Space for devrooms is limited
>>> and I can of course think about a joined effort here. I am at least open
>>> for this if wanted.
>> We have previously thought and discussed this option, of a joint room. It'd be great,
I think, but also interesting to arrange. Given the realities, perhaps propose this idea but
also hold open the idea of a devroom specific to AOO? Previously, I had advocated this idea,
only to learn that TDF had also gone ahead with it—but there's room there, too, for collaboration.
Or, another option that relates interestingly to what we are doing at AOO that can be of wider
> Perhaps it could be de-politicized a little more if the request is for
> an "ODF Editors" room, and do with multilateral, with LO, Calligra,
> AbiWord, Gnumeric, etc.

I'm all for that and tried that in 2011 but not this year (2012). Given our new identity,
I'm more hopeful that it could be done.

The issue: who wants to own this? I have done that and worked with fosdem for several years,
as has Juergen, to whom I handed off the task back in 2008 or 2009.

View raw message