incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject Open World Forum Paris
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 18:50:03 GMT
Hi All,

Open World Forum is an interesting conference held annually in Paris. This year, it's from
11-13 October. The URL: http://www.openworldforum.org/ The focus is opens source, open knowledge,
open practice, and there are usually big companies and projects but also much smaller efforts
aiming to use open source technology, techniques, community to achieve by and large humanitarian
or otherwise socially conscious goals.

I, and I am sure others subscribed to this list, will be presenting there. I'll be discussing
community dynamics on a panel focused on that, as well as on trends on community workings.

It occurred to me that OWF offers a good opportunity for those of us in the area to meet up.
The venue, in the 16th, does offer some meeting rooms but more to the point, there are lots
of cafes and casual restaurants to have interesting discussions. And the weather ought still
to be decent.

I'll be reachable via Twitter @luispo, and email. If this idea, of meeting up, sounds good,
we can also arrange something via MeetUp or the equivalent, e.g., Facebook, Google+, or whatever.

Cheers
Louis