incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PMC] Proposed PMC List
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:06:13 GMT
On Sep 20, 2012, at 6:06 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> On 20 September 2012 11:49, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Once a PMC exists, new members must be nominated and discussed on the
>> private@tlp list.
>> Votes are held on the private list, so is not secret, but it is not
>> public either.
>
> There are very few *must* items in the ASF. In fact it is up to the
> PMC to decide how and where the decision is made. When voting on
> people most, but not all, projects do it in private.

Apache POI is an example. The PMC considers the public vote to be an incentive for contributors.
Since votes happen very infrequently it does not add a lot of traffic to the lists.

I think that process here is proceeding well. I hope to put together a list on Sunday when
I return home.

If a wiki is created before then perhaps it should list only names without a count. That way
we can all see if anyone is missing.

Regards,
Dave