incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From James Grenier <GRENI...@middlesex.mass.edu>
Subject RE: Marketing and traveling expenses
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 14:32:49 GMT
I wonder if we could coordinate a list or other resource for linking conferences with local
or other business sponsors, if there is not one yet.

Is there, or is anyone interested in collaborating on the idea?

J. M. Grenier, M.Ed.
Middlesex Community College
Faculty, Business and Humanities
grenierj@middlesex.mass.edu
Cell:     (339)222-1442
From: Rob Weir [robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:08 AM
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Marketing and traveling expenses

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> Hi I was asked about the use of funds regarding marketing events, speakers
> and such. I want to know how does Apache manage funds for this operations?
> Back in the OOo days, there was a marketing funds that came from donations,
> and help subsidize traveling and some swag expenses (tshirt, pins,
> stickers).
>
> Is there any documentation on this that I can forward people to?

For ApacheCon, there is the Travel Assistance Committee (TAC).
Information is here: http://www.apache.org/travel/

You can also point them to the email lists for ApacheCon and Small
Events:  http://events.apache.org/involved/mailing-lists.html

My understanding is events aim to be self-funding, via sponsorship and
attendance fees.