incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Tischer <sebastian.tisc...@tu-dresden.de>
Subject Short questionnaire about bachelor thesis
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 13:56:02 GMT
Good afternoon,

my name is Sebastian Tischer and I am student of business and economics
at the university of technology in Dresden.
At the end of these studies it is mandatory to write a bachelor thesis
which is the last exam before having officially finished the studies.

The topic of my thesis is: "Open Source Software - An analysis of the
integration of external knowledge carriers based on selected examples".

What does this topic actually mean?

I am investigating and analyzing various open source companies about the
way they handle external knowledge of users, contributors and developers.
These information will be compared with the structure of the company,
the used tools, techniques and documentations.

At the end I want to draw a conclusion with the effect, telling which
company makes the best use of external knowledge and where might be
improvement.

For that purpose I have a few question prepared and would be very happy
if you support me answering these questions in order to complete my
survey and the thesis resulting on them...
1. Who is allowed to contribute to the source code?

2. Which criteria need to be fulfilled to contribute?

3. What control mechanisms exist to check which code gets into the
productive system?

4. How is the approval process going on to let people contribute?

5. What can be contributed by developers or users? Where is the cut
within the development process (untouched parts of the application)?

6. What system is used to contribute? Git?

7. Is it possible to develop within the core sourcecode? Change core
functionalities or just fix bugs and create extensions?

If you don't like to get mentioned as source within these paper, then
this is no problem! I will only use the given information then and treat
your answers completely anonymous...

If you have any further question regarding my survey feel free to ask
them anytime.
Best wishes and thank you in advance

Sebastian Tischer