incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: AOO 3.4.1 reflection and lessons learned
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:56:11 GMT
On 28/09/2012 Kevin Grignon wrote:
> I really like to identify opportunities for improvement, capture them in a
> some-day-maybe list (a.k.a. opportunity backlog). ...
> I'd like to be able to easily and quickly capture my thoughts on
> ideas on things we could improve the tool.

At the moment, it would be great if you posted them to the Google
Moderator page for OpenOffice 4.0 ideas at
https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=2011d5 : most UI/UX changes will
be targeted to 4.0 anyway, and this would allow the community to process
all proposed ideas for 4.0 together.

> I will capture my thoughts in the wiki.

The wiki is full of well-meant and abandoned attempts at improving the
OpenOffice UX, as you discovered during the initial cleanup. It is good
as a storage place, though: so if we identify a good workflow to process
the Google Moderator feedback and convert it to concrete actions, we
could repeat it with your list; but for the time being it would likely
be more effective to have everything in one place at Google Moderator.

Regards,
   Andrea.